Top 10 Reasons I wish I Lived on a Farm:
10. For space to live without feeling crowded.
9. To return to my roots, having grown up on a small vegetable farm.
8. Baby animals in the spring.
7. To reclaim part of the earth for organic, sustainable living.
6. Chickens and farm fresh eggs.
5. Real work, that mattered, for all of us.
4. The chance to grow heirloom vegetables.
3. For increased self-sufficiency.
2. Our kids' childhoods would be farm life experiences.
1. Fresh, raw milk from our own grass-fed cow.
Rendering Lard from Pork Fat - We made lard this past weekend; at least, my husband did while I washed the jars , cleaned the kitchen and make pumpkin puree from a sugar pumpkin. We rais...